Friday, May 16, 2008

COLORADO BOUND


On June 10th, I will be relocating to the area of Boulder, Colorado! I would love to say that it is purely for endurance training, but there are actually other valid reasons! (Although I almost piss my pants every time I think about running through the Rocky Mountains...)

First off, California just cost too much. A $600,000 house? Come on... It's plywood and drywall! I'll actually be able to afford my life in Colorado...and run at elevation! Ok ok...this is a running blog so I'll state the facts AS THEY PERTAIN TO RUNNING.

Dude, I'm going to be living at about 6'000 feet. The rocky mountains will be about 15 minutes from my house. I truly believe that leaving the San Diego ultrarunning scene for Colorado is not a hard decision. I want to stay in contact with all my SoCal ultrarunning friends in any way I can. I want everyone to know they are welcome to visit and crash on my couch. And, of course, I plan to visit San Diego regularly and take full advantage of my elevation training.

It's a very exciting and stressful time for my wife and I right now. We will be like nomads throughout June and hopefully have a house by July. The plan is to rent at first and get things established.

I'll post info on my blog as thing happen, with hopes of keeping my buddies updated. Wish us luck ")

Here's my new email address: endurancejer@gmail.com

-Jerry

1 comment:

Greg said...

Best of luck to you, Jerry. I hope to see you on the trails soon!