Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Endurance Coaching

I recently linked up my blog with Facebook, which has been pretty cool. On a run last week, I came to realize that coaching and teaching really fulfillls me...

Although somewhat successful, I decided to stop trying to make a profit off from my coaching business, "Team ERF". I enjoyed teaching, coaching, and helping beginner athletes achieve their goals and realize their dreams. But, when I added the business element, something was lost. I was not fulfilled in accepting money from those that sought improvement.

I learned a lot from coaching, even if it was a loose format. And I realized last week that I want to offer my 'coaching' to all those that may need it. I'm strongly against coaching-for-business. I just want to put myself out there again because I know that I can be of service to so many friends and acquaintances.

Training/Topics related to:

-Running:trail/road/distance/ultra/race selection/goals/equipment/starting programs
-Hydration: pre/post/training/products/electrolyte tabs/equipment
-Nutrition: pre/post/for distance races/dietary concerns/vegan, vegetarian, etc..
-Cycling
-Swimming
-Endurance Training/Racing

I plan to blog pertinent training information each week, which will be of interest to hardcore endurance athletes, but also beginners. I also want to generate a dialog with those that are interested in the information. The conversation will be on Facebook and I will likely create a profile specifically for Coach Jerry or Team ERF. I may also create a group page for it.

I also want to say that I do not claim to be an "expert" on anything. In the past, if a question came up, I researched the answer and was able to learn something new for myself. Thankfully, I also maintain communication with true "experts" that support my knowledge.

With that said, Coach Jerry is open for business.

Hit me up on Facebook...or shoot me an email.

-Coach Jer

No comments: